A bone to the dog is not....

A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog..
goes the proverb

The past days have seen a flurry of activity as an entire network of whyBees have been buzzing in order to ensure that young Arun's hurting and tired heart is repaired..

There has been no dearth of support in terms of concern, love, time and all those intagible things that add real value to things..

Money too.. of course!

In everyone's mind only one thought and the same silent prayer in everyones' heart: Arun has to make it!

nothing seems important at this moment..

We all know that the surgery has been made possible by the help of the big O.. the details of which i will share one day, but beleive me when I say that I fell of my chair when I got a call, yesterday, when Arun is still battling for life, and the operation a week away, requesting me to be part of a pr excercise highlighting the achievements of the O family!

I was to learn later via the net that 'they' wanted 'us' (that includes Arun who is not allowed to move) to get to a Reliance web world (whatever animal that is).. etc etc

I just answered that at this moment I felt that decency demanded that we just focus on Arun's well being!

Whether the big O had come by or not, Arun's operation would have taken place, we had set our famous "Virtual begging Bowl" in motion..

Is charity the latest fad to get publicity... and at what price

Can the pr excercise at least wait for the child to be well... it would just be humane and decent..

Let me share a quote of St Exupery, the pilot who conjured the Little Prince I so love:

Charity never humiliated him who profited from it, nor ever bound him by the chains of gratitude, since it was not to him but to God that the gift was made.

and blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Have we lost the ability to see with our heart as the Little Prince urged us to!