for the little ones of this world

DSCN3073

nanhe's smile has moved many friends.. and yes he is an amazing child and we are very blessed to have him with us.

He has showed us the true meaning of hope and more than that his love for life does makes us all wonder about the total emptiness of our own lives...

I have often wondered why God, if there si one, sends such souls into this world.. many answers come to my mind but above all I feel that somehow these lovely children who bear their suffering with such dignity are there to help us unearth parts of us which seem to have got lost in the recess of our minds and souls...

The smile in the picture was nanhe's way of telling me this morning as he set out for another series of painful tests, that all was well on planet earth and that he was ready to take on the day with courage.. his way of requesting me and others like me, not to pity him or feel sorry..

Ever since we began our work, it is the children of the special section who have given me the strength and the determination to carry on, no matter what.. they have been beacons of light and proved that no situation was ever desperate enough to want to give up. This motley crowd of simple souls with different abilities are examples of compassion, acceptance, cooperation and love.. a true celebration of diference..

How small we feel compared to them...